Clekt was established in April 2020 to help businesses harness the power of their data.
We believe passionately that data is one of a business’s biggest assets, but too often, it is difficult to surface for real commercial value and painful to connect different data sources across the business.
Our Founders, Andy Tudor (a former Retail CIO) and Ian Cray (a data expert with over 25 years’ experience) recognised the opportunity to solve these challenges, and the Clekt Enterprise Data Hub was born. Our platform provides a single unified solution that enables businesses to manage and leverage both operational and analytical data in one place.
Since founding the business last year we’ve experienced significant growth and have already signed up a number of household names. We’re tapping into a market with massive demand, as companies of various sizes recognise the opportunity data presents and are willing to invest in this area.
To support our growth, we’re looking for talented, energetic and ambitious members to join our growing engineering team – responsible for the development of the Clekt Enterprise Data Hub platform.
The Cloud Engineer, reporting into the Engineering Lead, will be primarily responsible for designing, deploying and managing cloud environments.
You’ll be experienced and confident in supporting the Azure delivery platform in complex engagements. You will have commercial experience across designing, deploying, and managing cloud environments in Azure. This includes implementing and managing permissions/access, VPN’s, release management, development cycle environments, networking and cloud governance/costs.
You will also be expected to support the wider Engineering and Professional Services teams in technical engagements with Clients, providing technical input into solution proposals, and collaborating directly with Clients to remove blockers in the development process.
Our Head Office is based in Bristol; right now, we’re still all working from home however we are reviewing our location strategy and we envisage that the role will ultimately be a hybrid work from home/office position with 1-2 days per week in the office.
Joining a start-up that’s planning significant growth will provide an unparalleled growth opportunity for the right person.
- Experience of containers and container orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, ARM Templates
- Experience of pipeline build/deploy tools such as Azure DevOps, or Jenkins.
- Knowledge of automation and scripting using tools such as PowerShell, Python, or Bash.
- Thorough knowledge of logging and monitoring tools such as Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Azure App Insights or Datadog.
- Knowledge of cloud platform design patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge of common database such as Azure SQL, CosmosDB, Maria DB and implementation of Azure Function apps and Logic apps.
- As a bonus, experience of other cloud platforms and technologies.
As a member of our fantastic team, you will be able to:
- Fully leverage Cloud technologies to shape the development of our platform
- Input into the technologies we adopt
- Be a team player, leading by example
- Advocate the use of DevOps principals
- Deliver solutions that provide measurable benefit.
- Have the opportunity to truly shape your career path as we grow.
We passionately believe in developing the careers of our team members and for the right person looking to build their career, this is fantastic opportunity. We also offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- 26 days holiday per year
- Company pension scheme
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment and against customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. For more information on our Equal Opportunities policy please contact email@example.com
Please send your up-to-date CV, along with a covering letter on why you think you would be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit the Apply Now.